Skip to main content

Show HN: I made an open source desktop magnifier for demo and presentations https://ift.tt/ix3ouMQ

Show HN: I made an open source desktop magnifier for demo and presentations I wanted a cool magnifier for my presentations, but couldn't find one (the default windows one was not really usable for my case) So I built one using Vue and Tauri (weird stack for such a tool, huh?). It was a pretty fun little project, hope you guys can have some use. Here's how it works: - When you press the shortcut, it takes a screenshot and store it in a temp folder - It then displays an HTML window and passes the screenshot URL to it - The HTML window has no "decorations" (top bar) and only contains an empty div - This div uses the screenshot as a background and updates the background position based on the cursor location - The window location is also updated according to the cursor location using a requestAnimationFrame (so that it does not get triggered too often) - The wheel event impacts the size of the window, as well as a transform:scale on the background. https://ift.tt/ahRqymp May 6, 2023 at 04:44PM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Show HN: KittenDNS – easy to setup, rule engine, LetsEncrypt compatible https://ift.tt/JEbrc0i

Show HN: KittenDNS – easy to setup, rule engine, LetsEncrypt compatible My goal was to create a DNS server as simple as the LDAP server I've been contributing to (glauth) and here it is: https://ift.tt/i6S4IHQ A few things to know about it: - It is easy to configure using a Toml file - I am using it to bail my coredns/etcd instances when under attack - (yes, it also works as a service location server) - It comes with a simple, plain English, rule engine that doesn't do much at this point - It can be used with LetsEncrypt. I use it to retrieve certificates for my home servers. - RFC: all the nice ones :) Anyway, feedback is welcome. May 16, 2022 at 03:34AM