Skip to main content

Show HN: I made Hazumi, a modern HN reader for iOS https://ift.tt/1Fq2STM

Show HN: I made Hazumi, a modern HN reader for iOS Hello HN, I'm thrilled to announce the launch of my first app, Hazumi, a Hacker News reader, available for free on iOS! I’ve been lurking on HN for around 2 years while working on this project seeing people post amazing HN reader apps of their own. I’ve always figured Hazumi wasn’t good enough yet to post here but if I wait around until I’m ready, I’ll probably never share so here goes… Hazumi is a modern Hacker News app for your pocket with some intentional limitations. Stories are displayed on a simple colourful card, with images, that condenses all the information you need at a glance. Out of the box you get accessibility features for system settings like light/dark mode and text size. Others are controlled in app for opening stories in a Web View vs externally via Safari, defaulting to Reader Mode and reducing animation bounciness. You can browse top, new and best sections, limited to 30 stories each, which refresh every hour on the server. I’m not a fan of infinite scrolling or spending a lot of time reading news. I just want to get in and get out while keeping up on the latest. Other notable features: - Basic search - Widgets for your Home and Lock Screen - Apple Watch app - Warns you of non-HTTPS links There are a few “PRO” features that require a subscription ($/€1.99 monthly): - AI summaries of comments on stories that have at least 30 root level comments - In app newsletter (yesterday’s top 10 stories) - Bookmarking with iCloud support - Themes (change the colour of the cards) - Supporting indie developers and keeping the lights on for Hazumi Working on: - Better comments/tappable links - Enhancing search - More themes Being the first version, it's very early days for Hazumi and there are bugs that I’m working on fixing. I'm eager to improve it and shape its future based on your input. I welcome any feedback you may have, whether it's about existing features or ideas for new ones. Your thoughts will be instrumental in shaping Hazumi, making it an even more useful tool for tech news enthusiasts. Please give it a try and let me know your thoughts. P.S. Shout out to MB and MC for your awesome feedback during the TestFlight beta! https://ift.tt/618Ow0A May 22, 2023 at 08:31PM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog