Show HN: Shhhbb, an SSH BBS Hello all :) I made this BBS for fun and thought you all would enjoy it. It's not perfect, but it's been a fun exercise! see it: https://ift.tt/2ZH3tmG try it: ssh -p 2223 shhhbb.com host it: https://ift.tt/iFvyNQr why? Every year I challenge myself in some new way, this year it is to push one project per week. You might recognize my static site generator [0] or my releaser for go [1] from previous posts as one of these weekly projects. If you want to join me in doing this, it's been a blast and I highly recommend it! Maybe we can chat on the bbs about it :) [0] - bearclaw tiny static generator - https://ift.tt/XH0aDLt [1] - release.sh release builder for go - https://ift.tt/XH0aDLt need: I'd love a few co-conspirators, or even some new friends for the bbs software or the bbs itself. A lofty nice-to-have goal is meeting a few other similarly motivated people to conspire with on a weekly basis. If that's you, drop me a line! goals: I have about half of an admin interface endpoint pushed up, which I'd like to finish. I realized mid-commit that I'd lacked some other material in a previous commit, and in pushing it up, I ended up pushing half the admin feature. Stay tuned for that. I'd also like to implement a feature where I surrender the socket to a new process so I can upgrade the binary without dropping all of the connected users. I'm not sure on the feasibility of this, but all the words fit together, so it'll be tried. https://donuts-are-good.github.io/shhhbb/` April 2, 2023 at 10:40PM
Show HN: KittenDNS – easy to setup, rule engine, LetsEncrypt compatible My goal was to create a DNS server as simple as the LDAP server I've been contributing to (glauth) and here it is: https://ift.tt/i6S4IHQ A few things to know about it: - It is easy to configure using a Toml file - I am using it to bail my coredns/etcd instances when under attack - (yes, it also works as a service location server) - It comes with a simple, plain English, rule engine that doesn't do much at this point - It can be used with LetsEncrypt. I use it to retrieve certificates for my home servers. - RFC: all the nice ones :) Anyway, feedback is welcome. May 16, 2022 at 03:34AM
Comments