Show HN: Ordently – Consciously plan your day and your life I've been using a task management tool for the past 1 year that I built. A few months ago, I spent some time to make it more generic because my partner wanted to use it as well and she's been loving it ever since. Love her, but she's a bit biased. Firstly, this is a todo app for your life. Existing tools are built around how we work as employees in a company. With a company, all the habits, goals, vision and rituals are given to you in an employee handbook. The company is our coach, and in most cases, we listen and do as the coach says. Its easier to get things done in this environment. In our personal lives, we gotta figure out our goals, work on our habits and setup rituals. We're also more flexible, more forgiving on when we want to do certain things and more rigid on the others. The Daily Planner is central to that ideology, working with one off and repeatable tasks . You onboard with your day first, could be as simple as calling your mum or going on a walk or do yoga. As you get more comfortable, you start to consciously build a life that you want to live by creating rituals and setting goals as you get more confident. Personally, I haven't been able to get that through Todoist or Notion. https://ift.tt/JtGqQOh April 26, 2023 at 03:21AM
Show HN: KittenDNS – easy to setup, rule engine, LetsEncrypt compatible My goal was to create a DNS server as simple as the LDAP server I've been contributing to (glauth) and here it is: https://ift.tt/i6S4IHQ A few things to know about it: - It is easy to configure using a Toml file - I am using it to bail my coredns/etcd instances when under attack - (yes, it also works as a service location server) - It comes with a simple, plain English, rule engine that doesn't do much at this point - It can be used with LetsEncrypt. I use it to retrieve certificates for my home servers. - RFC: all the nice ones :) Anyway, feedback is welcome. May 16, 2022 at 03:34AM
Comments