Show HN: Live coaching app for remote SWE interviews, uses Whisper and GPT-4 Posting from a throwaway account to maintain privacy. This project is a salvo against leetcode-style interviews that require candidates to study useless topics and confidently write code in front of a live audience, in order to get a job where none of that stuff matters. Cheetah is an AI-powered macOS app designed to assist users during remote software engineering interviews by providing real-time, discreet coaching and integration with CoderPad. It uses Whisper for audio transcription and GPT-4 to generate hints/answers. The UI is intentionally minimal to allow for discreet use during a video call. It was fun dipping into the world of LLMs, prompt chaining, etc. I didn't find a Swift wrapper for whisper.cpp, so in the repo there's also a barebones Swift framework that wraps whisper.cpp and is designed for real-time transcription on M1/M2. I'll be around if anyone has questions or comments! https://ift.tt/2SWhbUA April 5, 2023 at 05:36AM
Show HN: KittenDNS – easy to setup, rule engine, LetsEncrypt compatible My goal was to create a DNS server as simple as the LDAP server I've been contributing to (glauth) and here it is: https://ift.tt/i6S4IHQ A few things to know about it: - It is easy to configure using a Toml file - I am using it to bail my coredns/etcd instances when under attack - (yes, it also works as a service location server) - It comes with a simple, plain English, rule engine that doesn't do much at this point - It can be used with LetsEncrypt. I use it to retrieve certificates for my home servers. - RFC: all the nice ones :) Anyway, feedback is welcome. May 16, 2022 at 03:34AM
Comments