Skip to main content

Show HN: Yesterday I open sourced StratusGFX, a realtime 3D rendering engine https://ift.tt/jiOeWTg

Show HN: Yesterday I open sourced StratusGFX, a realtime 3D rendering engine It's been closed source for a long time while I worked on it on and off as a hobby research project, but yesterday the repo was made public for the first time under the MPL 2.0 license. A feature reel showing its capabilities can be found here: https://ift.tt/evmKihy... A technical breakdown of a single frame can be found here: https://ift.tt/QEpRz1J... It's still in a very beta state (bugs and instability expected), but I felt like it was a good time to make it public since a lot of its core features are mostly presentable. I plan to continue working on it in my spare time to try and improve the usability of the code. Two main use cases I could see for it: 1) People using it for educational purposes. 2) People integrating it into other more general purpose engines that they're working on since Stratus is primarily a rendering engine. Any extensions to the rendering code that are made public would then further help others. So I think it will remain very niche but I'm hoping it will still be helpful for people in the future. https://ift.tt/ikGYe6z March 30, 2023 at 03:55PM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Show HN: KittenDNS – easy to setup, rule engine, LetsEncrypt compatible https://ift.tt/JEbrc0i

Show HN: KittenDNS – easy to setup, rule engine, LetsEncrypt compatible My goal was to create a DNS server as simple as the LDAP server I've been contributing to (glauth) and here it is: https://ift.tt/i6S4IHQ A few things to know about it: - It is easy to configure using a Toml file - I am using it to bail my coredns/etcd instances when under attack - (yes, it also works as a service location server) - It comes with a simple, plain English, rule engine that doesn't do much at this point - It can be used with LetsEncrypt. I use it to retrieve certificates for my home servers. - RFC: all the nice ones :) Anyway, feedback is welcome. May 16, 2022 at 03:34AM