Skip to main content

Show HN: Use GPT4 to quickly build simple, shareable web apps https://ift.tt/xp6klUQ

Show HN: Use GPT4 to quickly build simple, shareable web apps Hi everyone, I built a quick experiment last weekend that allows you to use GPT4 to quickly generate single page web apps. These apps are immediately deployed at a shareable and bookmark-able web URL. Even though I’m a programmer, I think the idea of letting users build little apps without coding to solve their own problems is super exciting. I specifically built this because I wanted to solve a tiny problem of mine. I have a goal of running 500 miles this year. I track my runs on Strava and it shows me the total number of miles for the year. But I wanted to know: how many miles should I have run by this point in the year to be on track? I prompted and iterated with Pico and a few mins, I had a simple app: [ https://backend-pico.onrender.com/gender-hybrid](https://bac... that I could add to my iPhone home screen. The apps built by Pico have lots of limitations (single page, can only use HTML/CSS/vanilla JS + popular JS libraries) but they can also be incredibly powerful and surprisingly useful sometimes. And sometimes, Pico will completely fail to generate anything useful :( Here are some fun things you can build: * Wordle, Tic Tac Toe, any simple game. * TODO list. * Daily affirmations/horoscope. * Camera filter app * Audio recorder and processor * “App for lumberjacks” See website for demo apps. I would love to hear your feedback and see what you build with Pico. https://picoapps.xyz/ March 29, 2023 at 07:59PM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Show HN: KittenDNS – easy to setup, rule engine, LetsEncrypt compatible https://ift.tt/JEbrc0i

Show HN: KittenDNS – easy to setup, rule engine, LetsEncrypt compatible My goal was to create a DNS server as simple as the LDAP server I've been contributing to (glauth) and here it is: https://ift.tt/i6S4IHQ A few things to know about it: - It is easy to configure using a Toml file - I am using it to bail my coredns/etcd instances when under attack - (yes, it also works as a service location server) - It comes with a simple, plain English, rule engine that doesn't do much at this point - It can be used with LetsEncrypt. I use it to retrieve certificates for my home servers. - RFC: all the nice ones :) Anyway, feedback is welcome. May 16, 2022 at 03:34AM