Skip to main content

Show HN: Improve essay writing skills with ChatGPT https://ift.tt/4cdCFGK

Show HN: Improve essay writing skills with ChatGPT Hey there folks, today I want to share with you how I came up with a ChatGPT-based service to improve essay writing skills, particularly for tests like PTE (Person Test of English) and IELTS. Now, let me just say upfront that I'm not a huge fan of writing essays. But I know that practice makes perfect, so I force myself to write them every day in the hopes that they'll eventually become easier. However, one of the biggest challenges I face is that I don't always get immediate feedback on my writing. I have a weekly call with my English teacher, which is great, but it means that I have to wait to get feedback on my mistakes. And in the meantime, I keep making the same errors over and over again, which can be frustrating and slow down my progress. That's where ChatGPT comes in. After some experimentation with prompt engineering, I discovered the one that allows me to get instant feedback on my writing. The AI checks things like structure, complexity, vocabulary, and so on, meaning that the main problem was solved. But that's not all. I also realized that ChatGPT could help me take my writing skills to the next level. One day, I was curious to know how a native English speaker would express my thoughts. How close was I to perfect English writing? So I fed my essay into ChatGPT, explained how the perfect essay should be written, asked it to rewrite it as a native speaker would, and saved the meaning at the same time. And let me tell you, I was blown away by the level of English that ChatGPT produced. I put these 2 features (personalized feedback and rewritten essay) into the website and now I am asking for your feedback. There is no need to sign up, just put an essay, and press the button. https://ptewithai.com/ March 8, 2023 at 01:37AM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog