Skip to main content

Show HN: I made a non-trivial iOS app with GPT-4 in just a few hours https://ift.tt/yRiL7r1

Show HN: I made a non-trivial iOS app with GPT-4 in just a few hours After being inspired by your responses to the Ask HN thread yesterday ( https://ift.tt/cIaYpAe ), I decided to see if I could use ChatGPT to make a functioning app. I picked a random project idea out of my Notebook of Amazing Ideas, and spent just a couple of hours using GPT-4 to build it. I've never built an iOS app before, and even if I made something like this as a web app (my usual job), I would expect it to take at least a week. My process was basically 1) Ask ChatGPT to write some code 2) Copy and paste the code into the right files (this took a little bit of React knowledge on my part). 3) Run the code and paste any errors back to ChatGPT and ask it for suggested solutions. 4) Repeat. https://ift.tt/RQwJSoK March 26, 2023 at 02:43PM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Show HN: KittenDNS – easy to setup, rule engine, LetsEncrypt compatible https://ift.tt/JEbrc0i

Show HN: KittenDNS – easy to setup, rule engine, LetsEncrypt compatible My goal was to create a DNS server as simple as the LDAP server I've been contributing to (glauth) and here it is: https://ift.tt/i6S4IHQ A few things to know about it: - It is easy to configure using a Toml file - I am using it to bail my coredns/etcd instances when under attack - (yes, it also works as a service location server) - It comes with a simple, plain English, rule engine that doesn't do much at this point - It can be used with LetsEncrypt. I use it to retrieve certificates for my home servers. - RFC: all the nice ones :) Anyway, feedback is welcome. May 16, 2022 at 03:34AM