Show HN: DigicamFinder – open-sourced DPReview camera data Ever since the DPReview closure announcement https://ift.tt/T2rMGwn we were thinking how to preserve the 25 years of valuable DPReview camera data. Archive.org has been great, but it's not usable by the general public. The best way to keep it safe going forward, is to have the community own it, so we open sourced it: https://ift.tt/OUenXl5 I'm aware of a number of attempts to make product data open-sourced, but none have the power of the photo geeks behind it :) Thoughts or ideas? + really looking for some contribution love. https://ift.tt/iITqgeZ April 1, 2023 at 04:42AM
Show HN: KittenDNS – easy to setup, rule engine, LetsEncrypt compatible My goal was to create a DNS server as simple as the LDAP server I've been contributing to (glauth) and here it is: https://ift.tt/i6S4IHQ A few things to know about it: - It is easy to configure using a Toml file - I am using it to bail my coredns/etcd instances when under attack - (yes, it also works as a service location server) - It comes with a simple, plain English, rule engine that doesn't do much at this point - It can be used with LetsEncrypt. I use it to retrieve certificates for my home servers. - RFC: all the nice ones :) Anyway, feedback is welcome. May 16, 2022 at 03:34AM
Comments