Show HN: A tool for motion-capturing 3D characters using a VR headset Hi everyone! I'm one of the authors of this project. The demo you see here is powered by a tool that I recently helped develop and open-source at Shopify called handy. You can find the repo here: https://ift.tt/Ob7M1s6 Most people don't realize that VR headsets have become really capable motion capture platforms, so we decided to release this tool to bring motion capture into the hands of everyone who owns a headset. With a cheap Quest 2 you can capture your hands using the headset's hand-tracking feature and your head. With an expensive Quest Pro you could capture your facial expressions using the headset's eye and face-tracking features. Thanks for checking this project out! I'm here to answer questions if you have any. https://ift.tt/GmIgvMN January 17, 2023 at 08:03PM
Show HN: KittenDNS – easy to setup, rule engine, LetsEncrypt compatible My goal was to create a DNS server as simple as the LDAP server I've been contributing to (glauth) and here it is: https://ift.tt/i6S4IHQ A few things to know about it: - It is easy to configure using a Toml file - I am using it to bail my coredns/etcd instances when under attack - (yes, it also works as a service location server) - It comes with a simple, plain English, rule engine that doesn't do much at this point - It can be used with LetsEncrypt. I use it to retrieve certificates for my home servers. - RFC: all the nice ones :) Anyway, feedback is welcome. May 16, 2022 at 03:34AM
Comments