Skip to main content

Show HN: Isitongamepass.gg https://ift.tt/MXjY9Pm

Show HN: Isitongamepass.gg Xbox Game Pass is pretty amazing. However, the official website to list games is horrible. It takes forever to load, it's hard to navigate, and weirdly difficult to just look up if a game you care about is available on Game Pass. Enter https://ift.tt/XVjUNmP - a super fast site where you can look up the current Game Pass roster. My goals going into it were speed and easily accessible information. Each card has a game title, a poster image, and the set of platforms it's available on. If you click on a card, it opens up a details view that has links to the store page for the game as well as a description and availability details. This is something I put together in my free time and is the first website I've built (although I'm a professional software engineer) so I have no doubt there are some bugs. If you run into something, please comment here or send me a DM. Same goes if you have ideas for improvements! A couple other random things: Why are some games listed twice? There's a weird thing where some games have different store IDs on console vs PC. There's no good way I've found so far to combine these listings so they show up twice, once for the console version and once for the PC version. Why .gg? It turns out isitongamepass.com is an already owned domain with nothing on it. I briefly had the thought of making it isitongamepa.ss, but you can't really do this because of Nazis. Things I'm thinking about for the future of this site - More filters, specifically being able to filter by platform - Improve search functionality - Find ways to improve speed and responsiveness https://ift.tt/XVjUNmP January 2, 2023 at 03:58AM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog