Skip to main content

Show HN: I spent 2 years building Tablane as a 17-year-old https://ift.tt/TEicnMx

Show HN: I spent 2 years building Tablane as a 17-year-old Hi HN community, I'm Marcus, a 17-year-old Software Engineer from Germany. For the past two years I've been working on Tablane [0]( https://ift.tt/Xnupd7V ) a task/project management tool, with features like: - Collaborative Editing (google docs) - Optimistic updates with RTK Query - Realtime sync with Socket.io - An awesome design Let me know what you think! Ask me anything! How I got here: 2020: I was developing a TTT [1] (Trouble in Terrorist Town) plugin for my minecraft server, when I started to require a project management tool to keep track of the features I wanted to implement, originally I used a text file, but after some time I started using products like ClickUp and Monday. But not long after I hit several paywalls for features that I wanted to use (Custom Status, Limited Number of Boards, ...) Soon after Tablane (originally task-board) was born. I started building the website using plain HTML, then found out about React and completed Colt Steele's "Web Developer Bootcamp" [2] and "The Modern React Bootcamp" [3] and started re-writing Tablane in React, and started adding feature after feature. Now I am about to finish Highschool and originally I thought about applying to college and spending another 3-5 years there, but after the positive feedback I got on a three month internship I did at ContentPepper, and seeing how my own projects developed, I decided to look for open Developer positions, to work with a team of experienced developers so I can learn even faster. Links: [0] https://tablane.net [1] https://ift.tt/tn836XF [2] https://ift.tt/XchalTx [3] https://ift.tt/eDREW6Y Socials: Résumé/CV: https://ift.tt/vLRzYCQ... LinkedIn: https://ift.tt/2W4fVHr Email: marcus (dot) hof (at) protonmail (dot)com GitHub: https://ift.tt/IT9l5qb Twitter: https://twitter.com/Marcon565 https://ift.tt/Xnupd7V January 7, 2023 at 12:47AM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Show HN: KittenDNS – easy to setup, rule engine, LetsEncrypt compatible https://ift.tt/JEbrc0i

Show HN: KittenDNS – easy to setup, rule engine, LetsEncrypt compatible My goal was to create a DNS server as simple as the LDAP server I've been contributing to (glauth) and here it is: https://ift.tt/i6S4IHQ A few things to know about it: - It is easy to configure using a Toml file - I am using it to bail my coredns/etcd instances when under attack - (yes, it also works as a service location server) - It comes with a simple, plain English, rule engine that doesn't do much at this point - It can be used with LetsEncrypt. I use it to retrieve certificates for my home servers. - RFC: all the nice ones :) Anyway, feedback is welcome. May 16, 2022 at 03:34AM