Skip to main content

Show HN: I Market-Make AWS Cloud Contracts to Save Companies $40M+ https://ift.tt/WEO7l2u

Show HN: I Market-Make AWS Cloud Contracts to Save Companies $40M+ Hey HN: Kaveh here, the founder of https://www.usage.ai/ We help companies drive down AWS EC2 spend by buying and selling 3-year no-upfront reserved instances. Why? Because there's almost no liquidity on the AWS EC2 RI Marketplace and it can take a while, if at all, to sell an RI if you need to stop using one. Previous to founding Usage, I worked at JPMorgan Chase as a summer analyst. Here's how it works: We are typically brought in by a DevOps manager to cut AWS EC2 costs. The app is entirely self-service and the savings are generated automatically, typically we do this live on a call. On average, we reduce AWS EC2 spend by 50% for 5 minutes of work. To reduce by 50%+, we've built a pool of reserved instances that's shared across our pool of customers. When a customer scales up their EC2s, Usage buys RIs. When a customer scales down their EC2s, Usage sells RIs. At this point, we've saved companies tens of millions of dollars in spend and have a lot of liquidity, so we take on very little risk. We make money off of a 20% Savings Fee. Happy to chat directly kaveh@usage.ai Have you experienced any issues with managing your company or organization's AWS expenses? We'd love to hear your feedback and ideas! January 7, 2023 at 09:45AM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Show HN: KittenDNS – easy to setup, rule engine, LetsEncrypt compatible https://ift.tt/JEbrc0i

Show HN: KittenDNS – easy to setup, rule engine, LetsEncrypt compatible My goal was to create a DNS server as simple as the LDAP server I've been contributing to (glauth) and here it is: https://ift.tt/i6S4IHQ A few things to know about it: - It is easy to configure using a Toml file - I am using it to bail my coredns/etcd instances when under attack - (yes, it also works as a service location server) - It comes with a simple, plain English, rule engine that doesn't do much at this point - It can be used with LetsEncrypt. I use it to retrieve certificates for my home servers. - RFC: all the nice ones :) Anyway, feedback is welcome. May 16, 2022 at 03:34AM