Show HN: Have voice-only virtual coffees with fellow HN'ers I'm running several voice-only virtual coffee events on the Discord server in the URL, only for today. The rules are pretty simple: 1. Wait for the "event" to start (see times at the end) 2. If there are no tables with 1 participant, join any one. 3. If there is a table with 1 participant, join that one. 4. When the event ends, all the voice channels are deleted and you have to wait till the next event starts. I initially wanted to build my own web app but then I realised it would be so much easier to just leverage Discord's infrastructure. I also built a bot in a couple hundred lines of Go code (love the language!) to bulk create/delete voice channels. I intentionally left it super basic to validate if there's a need. I personally would love to have virtual networking events, but then again I know I'm somewhat odd as I come from a sales background. If you're interested/want to take part in more of these events, check out my profile where I have some contact options. Anyway, here's the times (each lasts 1 hour): - 8 AM GMT / 1.30 PM IST / 12 AM PST - 11 AM GMT / 4.30 PM IST / 3 AM PST - 2 PM GMT / 7.30 PM IST / 6 AM PST - 5 PM GMT / 10.30 PM IST / 9 AM PST - 8 PM GMT / 1.30 AM IST / 12 PM PST - 11 PM GMT / 4.30 AM IST / 3 PM PST https://ift.tt/y1qn8he January 8, 2023 at 12:59PM
Show HN: KittenDNS – easy to setup, rule engine, LetsEncrypt compatible My goal was to create a DNS server as simple as the LDAP server I've been contributing to (glauth) and here it is: https://ift.tt/i6S4IHQ A few things to know about it: - It is easy to configure using a Toml file - I am using it to bail my coredns/etcd instances when under attack - (yes, it also works as a service location server) - It comes with a simple, plain English, rule engine that doesn't do much at this point - It can be used with LetsEncrypt. I use it to retrieve certificates for my home servers. - RFC: all the nice ones :) Anyway, feedback is welcome. May 16, 2022 at 03:34AM
Comments