Skip to main content

Show HN: Ecode – A minimalist and fast open-source code editor https://ift.tt/JkilzZH

Show HN: Ecode – A minimalist and fast open-source code editor Hi HN! I've been working on a code editor and I think that it's mature enough to catch some interest. It's using a custom GPU accelerated GUI written in C++. Currently implements some interesting features: LSP, terminal, auto-completion, linters, formatters, custom keybindings, plugins and more. It's a hobby project but still intends to be an alternative to other popular code editors like Sublime, Kate, Lapce, Lite XL (and takes inspiration from them). The project was born as a playground for the GUI I'm developing (eepp GUI) and is advanced enough to currently be my main code editor, but it's a work in progress, and many features are still pending. Some minor hints on how to use it: Folders are used as project (and .gitignore is used to ignore files) The wheel icon on the top-right has all the options you need (Ctrl/Cmd + M to show). Some keybidings to navigate any project (navigation is keyboard driven): Ctrl/Cmd + K = Locate Files Ctrl/Cmd + Shift + F = Global Search Ctrl/Cmd + Number (Go to tab #) https://ift.tt/AwhQvoj January 10, 2023 at 11:21AM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Show HN: KittenDNS – easy to setup, rule engine, LetsEncrypt compatible https://ift.tt/JEbrc0i

Show HN: KittenDNS – easy to setup, rule engine, LetsEncrypt compatible My goal was to create a DNS server as simple as the LDAP server I've been contributing to (glauth) and here it is: https://ift.tt/i6S4IHQ A few things to know about it: - It is easy to configure using a Toml file - I am using it to bail my coredns/etcd instances when under attack - (yes, it also works as a service location server) - It comes with a simple, plain English, rule engine that doesn't do much at this point - It can be used with LetsEncrypt. I use it to retrieve certificates for my home servers. - RFC: all the nice ones :) Anyway, feedback is welcome. May 16, 2022 at 03:34AM