Skip to main content

Show HN: Use DALL-E 2 to generate custom wall art https://ift.tt/lukpA5C

Show HN: Use DALL-E 2 to generate custom wall art The earliest version of this idea came a couple years ago, when I moved into the first place I finally cared enough about to invest in. I wanted wall art that matched my style, but couldn’t find much within my budget. I wanted items that were congruent with my home, and wasn’t really looking for pieces with great stories or that took courage to produce or anything else that makes truly great art great. But I just couldn’t find anything I liked. Doing some research, I discovered StyleGAN and similar technologies. I found they were amazing at certain tasks, like turning photos to impressionist paintings, but were too limited to create the stuff I was most interested in. So I moved on. Fast forward to today, the recent advances in generative imagery made it seem like the time might finally be right for this idea. So with a kick in the tuchus from fellow HN'er lowe0292, we decided to build it. We use DALL-E 2 for generating images and SharpJS for the under-the-hood image manipulation. We use a service to upscale the images before printing, but will eventually run our own setup with Real-ESRGAN or similar. Feedback very much appreciated :) https://ift.tt/E38cdDB November 29, 2022 at 12:33AM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog