Skip to main content

Show HN: Twitter Like News App https://ift.tt/V0FQWO2

Show HN: Twitter Like News App Hi everyone, My name is Stuart and I've been solo developing a news app (and now newsletter) for the past half a year or so. tl;dr (current status): an app with a Twitter like feed of news events. The posts are 1-2 sentences, only actual events (no opinion, analysis, roundup, evergreen, etc), categorized into feeds, and tagged (lets you dig wikis or find events for a given entity). There is also a newsletter I just launched that is a bit cleaner in terms of UI, but with less features. longer: My goal is to make it easier to stay informed and access information (not such a hot take that news and media suffers from a UX issue). What that will look like in the long term, I can't possibly know. Although I have many theories, all I can do is iterate and keep an open mind. My first attempt at cracking this is to shorten the unit of information from an article to an event, thus saving the reader valuable time and mental energy. If you want to read more about how I do this check out https://ift.tt/QVxBigR I'd love to hear your feedback on the idea and/or app (forgive the janky UI). Thanks, Stuart p.s. if this sounds like something you'd like to work on, don't hesitate to reach out. I have an engineering background but would love someone else to hack with newsletter link if interested: https://ift.tt/HCWj0sK https://ift.tt/uhPsbF2 November 11, 2022 at 03:04AM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Show HN: KittenDNS – easy to setup, rule engine, LetsEncrypt compatible https://ift.tt/JEbrc0i

Show HN: KittenDNS – easy to setup, rule engine, LetsEncrypt compatible My goal was to create a DNS server as simple as the LDAP server I've been contributing to (glauth) and here it is: https://ift.tt/i6S4IHQ A few things to know about it: - It is easy to configure using a Toml file - I am using it to bail my coredns/etcd instances when under attack - (yes, it also works as a service location server) - It comes with a simple, plain English, rule engine that doesn't do much at this point - It can be used with LetsEncrypt. I use it to retrieve certificates for my home servers. - RFC: all the nice ones :) Anyway, feedback is welcome. May 16, 2022 at 03:34AM