Skip to main content

Show HN: Reader Mode without the boring parts https://ift.tt/3InYAlJ

Show HN: Reader Mode without the boring parts By boring I mean the text extraction that makes every website look the same and that sometimes fails. Arguably I've spent too many months on this detail, but in addition to the standard DOM iteration, Unclutter uses a CSSOM iteration, patching of mobile styles, CSS word blocklists, and crowdsourced element selectors. Plus an animation system to move text to its "uncluttered" position. Also interesting might be the article "library", a lightweight read-it-later list. It uses screenshots instead of titles & thumbnails, and drag & drop to move articles around. And there's an integration with Hacker News, where every top-level comment with an article quote in it automatically gets converted into an annotation. https://ift.tt/14sO82Z November 5, 2022 at 01:31AM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Show HN: KittenDNS – easy to setup, rule engine, LetsEncrypt compatible https://ift.tt/JEbrc0i

Show HN: KittenDNS – easy to setup, rule engine, LetsEncrypt compatible My goal was to create a DNS server as simple as the LDAP server I've been contributing to (glauth) and here it is: https://ift.tt/i6S4IHQ A few things to know about it: - It is easy to configure using a Toml file - I am using it to bail my coredns/etcd instances when under attack - (yes, it also works as a service location server) - It comes with a simple, plain English, rule engine that doesn't do much at this point - It can be used with LetsEncrypt. I use it to retrieve certificates for my home servers. - RFC: all the nice ones :) Anyway, feedback is welcome. May 16, 2022 at 03:34AM