Skip to main content

Show HN: OpenAI for Coda – AI right in your doc alongside your existing tools https://ift.tt/bBrzAuh

Show HN: OpenAI for Coda – AI right in your doc alongside your existing tools Hi HN! I’m Spencer, a software engineer and creative technologist. I care about making tools that empower people’s creative agency, automate busy work, and imagine alternative futures. I work at Coda on the Pack ecosystem but built this in my spare time while tinkering on how to make AI more accessible. Over the past few months, I’ve been blown away by the capabilities the community has demonstrated with GPT-3 and DALL-E. But as mind expanding and powerful as they are, these possibilities have often required access to tools that are expensive, require in-depth technical expertise, or don’t integrate into your existing tools and workflows. I wanted to see how this power could be opened to everyone—not just engineers and AI enthusiasts—by bringing OpenAI into an endlessly customizable tool like Coda. So when OpenAI released its GPT-3 and DALL-E APIs, I set out to create an environment where anyone could leverage this capability for their own and team’s needs and have it work seamlessly with their existing data and services. The result is this OpenAI Pack for Coda. It provides building blocks for you to leverage GPT-3 and DALL-E with your data the way you want, so you can build off the existing Coda integration ecosystem to simply add on OpenAI’s power to the tools and workflows you use now (like Slack, Zoom, etc.) Here’s a few ways I’ve already used the OpenAI Pack to automate busywork and augment my creativity: * Synthesize raw meeting notes, long Slack threads, and Zoom transcripts into a tl;dr and automatically send it out in an email. * Brainstorm with my team and auto-generate new ideas to riff on the most popular ideas. * Fill out a story Mad Libs to imagine a story premise and generate a corresponding image.. This is only the beginning of what you can do, and all the source code is open source and available under the MIT License so would welcome contributions :) Play around with the pack and the starter template playground (linked above). I’m excited to see where the community takes this and would love to hear how you’d use it. https://ift.tt/deuCN5I November 10, 2022 at 04:20AM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog