Show HN: I’m launching a new side project every day Hey HN, for the past few months I’ve been launching a project almost every day. It’s a sort of experiment to see if we can build something agency-increasing every day, and we’ve learned a lot since we’ve started. You may have seen some of our more random projects of ours on HN, like: scrollwheel.js, ghostlystock, oldestsearch.com, iPod Social and we’ll have plenty more on the way soon. One fun result of starting Same Day Skunkworks is that it made the company I work at, AE Studio, start completing amazing hackathon projects (with our 150+ employees) a few times already this year. Then we decide if we want to polish them enough to turn into real skunkworks companies that spin out of AE (we sold the first skunkworks company a year ago for a number of millions of dollars) or just fun little same day skunkworks projects. They all start out as small, fun little projects and sometimes become something more. I actually have a huge backlog to get through now and it’s kinda exciting to have more awesome fun projects to bring to life. We’re gonna continue experimenting with this model to build both fun side projects and actual profitable companies too, but mostly prioritize fun agency-increasing things in the short term and just see where that takes us. We’re trying to make everything as useful as possible, so any suggestions for future projects (or advice on the random crazy Same Day Skunkworks structure we’re trying to build) would be very welcome. Thanks! https://ift.tt/ncfy8E4 November 18, 2022 at 05:00AM
Show HN: KittenDNS – easy to setup, rule engine, LetsEncrypt compatible My goal was to create a DNS server as simple as the LDAP server I've been contributing to (glauth) and here it is: https://ift.tt/i6S4IHQ A few things to know about it: - It is easy to configure using a Toml file - I am using it to bail my coredns/etcd instances when under attack - (yes, it also works as a service location server) - It comes with a simple, plain English, rule engine that doesn't do much at this point - It can be used with LetsEncrypt. I use it to retrieve certificates for my home servers. - RFC: all the nice ones :) Anyway, feedback is welcome. May 16, 2022 at 03:34AM
Comments