Show HN: Sksql a Database Engine in TypeScript Hi! I wanted to understand more about databases' internals so I wrote one from scratch. It has a T-SQL inspired syntax with support for functions and procedures. It can be used stand-alone as a SQL engine or with a server allowing for persistence and replication to other connected clients. Performance are nothing near sqlite of course but that's beside the point. It’s a small database engine that can run in a web app as a way to store session data, do small calculations on a web worker, store the document/data the user is editing or facilitate “multiplayer” feature by broadcasting the queries the web app is running. The server runs in a container for that specific document and shutdowns automatically after a set amount of minutes of inactivity. https://ift.tt/HxA0wfn October 1, 2022 at 09:54PM
Show HN: KittenDNS – easy to setup, rule engine, LetsEncrypt compatible My goal was to create a DNS server as simple as the LDAP server I've been contributing to (glauth) and here it is: https://ift.tt/i6S4IHQ A few things to know about it: - It is easy to configure using a Toml file - I am using it to bail my coredns/etcd instances when under attack - (yes, it also works as a service location server) - It comes with a simple, plain English, rule engine that doesn't do much at this point - It can be used with LetsEncrypt. I use it to retrieve certificates for my home servers. - RFC: all the nice ones :) Anyway, feedback is welcome. May 16, 2022 at 03:34AM
Comments