Skip to main content

Show HN: Keyboard Jobs – A job board which truly understands software developers https://ift.tt/gL4BK3C

Show HN: Keyboard Jobs – A job board which truly understands software developers Hi HN, When my daughter got born this year I decided to take 6 months off to be at home with my new daughter and spend the first few months together with her and my wife to be hands on in those first few crucial months. Throughout that time I always kept an eye on the job market so I could stay in the loop and better gauge what my prospects would be to go back into work later, not least because of the economic turmoil. However, I got immensely frustrated with existing job boards advertising software developer jobs. I didn't feel like they included a lot of information which engineers actually care about or even basic things like a salary range. Additionally I observed discussions on HN how increasingly more software engineers say they wouldn't want to work for a company anymore if they use technology X or Y. With that in mind I created Keyboard Jobs and launched it a few weeks ago. So far I've been mostly talking friends at former companies I've worked with or sent cold emails with 100% discounted voucher codes to get the first jobs listed. It's been moderately successful but I am ready to gather more feedback on what hackers would love to see from a job board made for them! https://ift.tt/yIdJbFr October 26, 2022 at 12:45PM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog