Skip to main content

Show HN: Restfox – A web based HTTP client inspired by Insomnia and Postman https://ift.tt/LItNvg4

Show HN: Restfox – A web based HTTP client inspired by Insomnia and Postman Hey HN, I built this because I wanted a portable version of Insomnia I could access anywhere I am, without installing anything. The application is a PWA, so it will not load resources again after the first load, unless there's an update. It uses IndexedDB and loads quite fast even with a lot of nested requests and folders. Import from Postman and Insomnia is available making it easy to import your pre-existing request collections. Only limitation is that it only supports CORS enabled endpoints for now. I plan to add cors proxy support later on. There is of course the electron build ( https://ift.tt/JG4iwy7 ), which can be used to bypass cors but that kinda defeats the portability of the app but it is an option. GitHub repo: https://ift.tt/Le1Rnd4 https://restfox.dev August 31, 2022 at 11:16PM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Show HN: KittenDNS – easy to setup, rule engine, LetsEncrypt compatible https://ift.tt/JEbrc0i

Show HN: KittenDNS – easy to setup, rule engine, LetsEncrypt compatible My goal was to create a DNS server as simple as the LDAP server I've been contributing to (glauth) and here it is: https://ift.tt/i6S4IHQ A few things to know about it: - It is easy to configure using a Toml file - I am using it to bail my coredns/etcd instances when under attack - (yes, it also works as a service location server) - It comes with a simple, plain English, rule engine that doesn't do much at this point - It can be used with LetsEncrypt. I use it to retrieve certificates for my home servers. - RFC: all the nice ones :) Anyway, feedback is welcome. May 16, 2022 at 03:34AM