Skip to main content

Show HN: Reach 100 – a (unsolvable?) puzzle game https://ift.tt/sbornEt

Show HN: Reach 100 – a (unsolvable?) puzzle game I recently remembered a game we used to play with pen and paper some 20 years ago, where you need to fill a 10x10 grid writing numbers in the grid up to 100 following 2 simple rules. After showing it to my kids I thought it would be nice to adapt it digitally so that they could play it more often (not needing to draw the grid etc.) and so that other people could play it as well. What I'm really interested in with this submission (beyond general feedback) is wether anybody knows the origin of the game and if it's solvable. Because that's the catch, my highest score of all time is 97 and it doesn't seem to be possible to go higher. I have the feeling this game is an adaptation of a more general problem and probably has its origin in some lecture. So, once again, if you know where it comes from I'd be really grateful. Alternatively I would love to know if there is a possibility to prove if it's solvable or not. (It's made for mobile but it works on desktop as well with keyboard shortcuts around the S key in a QWERTY layout) https://reach-100.com August 31, 2022 at 11:12PM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog