Skip to main content

Show HN: I used DallE to create default avatars on my Creator community website https://ift.tt/RXTPgIn

Show HN: I used DallE to create default avatars on my Creator community website I'm an indie dev and I built a community for creators to get together and collaborate with each other. Mostly for amateur creators, but some famous ones use it as well. It has about 700k users so far. There are about 100k of those users who don't bother to upload an avatar, so they've had a boring default avatar for nearly 7 years. Today, I used my credits on DallE to do make them a bit more fun. Since the creators self-identify, I was able to create specific kinds of avatars for them. For example, if a creator is a writer, my DallE prompt would be: "an oil painting portrait of a serious-looking owl, standing in front of a typewriter" Voice Actor: "oil painting portrait of a robot who is made out of a microphone, wearing a hat and headphones" Comic Illustrator. This one was a little more tough, so I chose 'tablet' as my key object: "Oil painting portrait of a brooding chameleon, wearing headphones and a hoodie, standing in front of tablet" Producer: "Oil painting portrait of a happy hedgehog with headphones on, wearing sunglasses, standing in front of a megaphone" All four images on this thread: https://twitter.com/_buf/status/1564327370219261954 Overall, I generated over 200+ new avatars. What a fantastic bit of tech! August 30, 2022 at 01:02AM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog