Show HN: I built a quizlet clone in 2 hours Quizlet, a popular tool among high schoolers and college students used to study for tests recently made it's core functionality paid. In an era where Autodesk, Adobe, and Microsoft hold their proprietary software to their chests, it's exciting to see opensource alternatives come to compete with them. I'm 15, and I'm excited to do my part to keep education free for everyone. https://ift.tt/Idqmgoh August 29, 2022 at 05:19AM
Show HN: KittenDNS – easy to setup, rule engine, LetsEncrypt compatible My goal was to create a DNS server as simple as the LDAP server I've been contributing to (glauth) and here it is: https://ift.tt/i6S4IHQ A few things to know about it: - It is easy to configure using a Toml file - I am using it to bail my coredns/etcd instances when under attack - (yes, it also works as a service location server) - It comes with a simple, plain English, rule engine that doesn't do much at this point - It can be used with LetsEncrypt. I use it to retrieve certificates for my home servers. - RFC: all the nice ones :) Anyway, feedback is welcome. May 16, 2022 at 03:34AM
Comments