Skip to main content

Show HN: Hangman meets Wordle webapp in Angular https://ift.tt/uapdCtx

Show HN: Hangman meets Wordle webapp in Angular Hey HN, I am a novice web developer, and I built a new webapp game in Angular that combines the game play of Hangman and Wordle. I chose this project because I wanted to learn Angular, while also developing something useful. I have some prior backend experience. And, I was pleasantly surprised with how much you can achieve in the pure JS/Typescript these days. For my app, the backend only sends the daily puzzle data in JSON, while the entire game logic and interactions are completely implemented in the frontend. I wrote around 4000 lines of the frontend code for this project. For me, the best part was RxJS integration in Angular. It also had a fair amount of learning curve. However, once you have learned the basics, it saves a lot of redundant boilerplate code and makes the code more readable and clean. You can play the game for free and there is no sign-up required: https://10letters.app The game does not save any user data at the server. All data is saved in the local storage. So, you can play the game again in the incognito mode, or after clearing your browser cache. If you have any questions or feedback, please feel free to add them in the comments. Thanks! https://10letters.app August 28, 2022 at 01:37AM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Show HN: KittenDNS – easy to setup, rule engine, LetsEncrypt compatible https://ift.tt/JEbrc0i

Show HN: KittenDNS – easy to setup, rule engine, LetsEncrypt compatible My goal was to create a DNS server as simple as the LDAP server I've been contributing to (glauth) and here it is: https://ift.tt/i6S4IHQ A few things to know about it: - It is easy to configure using a Toml file - I am using it to bail my coredns/etcd instances when under attack - (yes, it also works as a service location server) - It comes with a simple, plain English, rule engine that doesn't do much at this point - It can be used with LetsEncrypt. I use it to retrieve certificates for my home servers. - RFC: all the nice ones :) Anyway, feedback is welcome. May 16, 2022 at 03:34AM