Skip to main content

Show HN: A Gauss-Seidel solver visualization in a single HTML file https://ift.tt/QW50zRn

Show HN: A Gauss-Seidel solver visualization in a single HTML file Recently I was reading about fluid simulation and stumbled upon the Gauss Seidel method. I got interested in how it works and made a program that visualizes the method in action. I had the idea of making an interactive book-like thing for a while, so took this as a chance to do just that. Note that touch input doesn't work and the layout is targeted towards bigger screens, so it doesn't function properly on mobile. It was fun to make and I wanted to share it. Maybe someone will find it useful. Corrections and feedback are welcome. Technical Stuff - A single 1.7MB HTML file with embedded JavaScript and WebAssembly. You can save this single file and double click it to run. - A math typesetter from scratch in C that compiles/renders the equations in real-time (uses KaTex fonts and STB true type to rasterize the fonts). - Platform code is done using Sokol (tested on windows and web). - The UI is done using Dear ImGui (Most of the code is done in C++ to use ImGui without a wrapper except for the equations compiler). https://ift.tt/KCG58ls August 7, 2022 at 02:21AM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Show HN: KittenDNS – easy to setup, rule engine, LetsEncrypt compatible https://ift.tt/JEbrc0i

Show HN: KittenDNS – easy to setup, rule engine, LetsEncrypt compatible My goal was to create a DNS server as simple as the LDAP server I've been contributing to (glauth) and here it is: https://ift.tt/i6S4IHQ A few things to know about it: - It is easy to configure using a Toml file - I am using it to bail my coredns/etcd instances when under attack - (yes, it also works as a service location server) - It comes with a simple, plain English, rule engine that doesn't do much at this point - It can be used with LetsEncrypt. I use it to retrieve certificates for my home servers. - RFC: all the nice ones :) Anyway, feedback is welcome. May 16, 2022 at 03:34AM