Skip to main content

Show HN: Commandline tool for protecting data using TouchID+Secure Enclave https://ift.tt/P0diotO

Show HN: Commandline tool for protecting data using TouchID+Secure Enclave Toucli is a tool I made to solve a specific problem on my personal MacBook, where I had to pass in sensitive data like API keys to 3rd party applications on the commandline, but wanted to encrypt those keys on disk and require the physical presence of TouchID to decrypt/access them. As I state in the readme, for production and office environments a proper external system would be better, but for my single personal machine Toucli solved my problems without needing any external running service. It was also an excuse to use Swift and Xcode for the first time, which I had wanted to do for some time. https://ift.tt/F7ltur1 August 25, 2022 at 12:47PM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Show HN: KittenDNS – easy to setup, rule engine, LetsEncrypt compatible https://ift.tt/JEbrc0i

Show HN: KittenDNS – easy to setup, rule engine, LetsEncrypt compatible My goal was to create a DNS server as simple as the LDAP server I've been contributing to (glauth) and here it is: https://ift.tt/i6S4IHQ A few things to know about it: - It is easy to configure using a Toml file - I am using it to bail my coredns/etcd instances when under attack - (yes, it also works as a service location server) - It comes with a simple, plain English, rule engine that doesn't do much at this point - It can be used with LetsEncrypt. I use it to retrieve certificates for my home servers. - RFC: all the nice ones :) Anyway, feedback is welcome. May 16, 2022 at 03:34AM