Skip to main content

Show HN: Butt Mover - A butt triggered productivity and health improvement game https://ift.tt/iGIYACo

Show HN: Butt Mover - A butt triggered productivity and health improvement game Productivity timers needed to be triggered manually before each task, Making it a chore by itself, Often leading to us not using them after a while and They don't take health into consideration. Health timers are intrusive, Even then they are not always accurate and They don't take productivity into consideration. Butt Mover addresses those problems by using a butt trigger for automatically starting the productivity timer when we sit on the chair before our workstation and a break timer which reminds us to take a walk automatically when we get up. Butt Mover also incentivizes its usage through a Game. When the health(tasks/breaks) reaches zero its game over. I've been iterating different forms of Butt Mover over past two years and released the web application earlier this year(After feedback from several HN users). Today I'm making the core application open-source as I've committed myself to make the Health & Education applications I build open-source. I hope you'd use Butt Mover for yourself and build Butt Trigger for others to improve productivity and health. Feedback and contributions to improve the project is appreciated. https://ift.tt/t71rly6 August 5, 2022 at 12:55AM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Show HN: KittenDNS – easy to setup, rule engine, LetsEncrypt compatible https://ift.tt/JEbrc0i

Show HN: KittenDNS – easy to setup, rule engine, LetsEncrypt compatible My goal was to create a DNS server as simple as the LDAP server I've been contributing to (glauth) and here it is: https://ift.tt/i6S4IHQ A few things to know about it: - It is easy to configure using a Toml file - I am using it to bail my coredns/etcd instances when under attack - (yes, it also works as a service location server) - It comes with a simple, plain English, rule engine that doesn't do much at this point - It can be used with LetsEncrypt. I use it to retrieve certificates for my home servers. - RFC: all the nice ones :) Anyway, feedback is welcome. May 16, 2022 at 03:34AM