Skip to main content

Show HN: An Audio Introduction to Nick Bostrom https://ift.tt/kitYw5c

Show HN: An Audio Introduction to Nick Bostrom I'm working on this because I think Bostrom's work is extremely important, and deserves a wider audience. I first read Bostrom's work in 2010, during my undergraduate degree. It has been a major influence on many of the projects I've worked on since then. In particular, the many years I've spent working at 80,000 Hours. (80,000 Hours is a career advising service which—among other things—helps people act on Bostrom's ideas about the urgency of addressing existential risks posed by emerging technologies, such as artificial intelligence and biotechnology.) https://ift.tt/y43M5rB August 29, 2022 at 02:52PM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Show HN: KittenDNS – easy to setup, rule engine, LetsEncrypt compatible https://ift.tt/JEbrc0i

Show HN: KittenDNS – easy to setup, rule engine, LetsEncrypt compatible My goal was to create a DNS server as simple as the LDAP server I've been contributing to (glauth) and here it is: https://ift.tt/i6S4IHQ A few things to know about it: - It is easy to configure using a Toml file - I am using it to bail my coredns/etcd instances when under attack - (yes, it also works as a service location server) - It comes with a simple, plain English, rule engine that doesn't do much at this point - It can be used with LetsEncrypt. I use it to retrieve certificates for my home servers. - RFC: all the nice ones :) Anyway, feedback is welcome. May 16, 2022 at 03:34AM