Show HN: 3D Topography of Your GPS Track As a hiker and (ski)mountaineer I've always been a bit disappointed of how most apps fail to properly depict the topography while analyzing GPS tracks. (I know that Strava offers some kind of 3D view by now, but I still wanted to build my own thing) That's why I started working on https://cubetrek.com It's still very experimental, but you can give it test-drive now. Any feedback appreciated. It essentially renders your GPS Track as a 3D model within the topography. As an example, here's the Bishorn, a 4000 m peak in Switzerland: https://ift.tt/39VFXPo The front end is based on Babylon.js, D3.js, the back end is Spring Boot and Postgresql with PostGIS. There's a summary on how it works at the very bottom of the homepage. https://cubetrek.com August 5, 2022 at 07:57AM
Show HN: KittenDNS – easy to setup, rule engine, LetsEncrypt compatible My goal was to create a DNS server as simple as the LDAP server I've been contributing to (glauth) and here it is: https://ift.tt/i6S4IHQ A few things to know about it: - It is easy to configure using a Toml file - I am using it to bail my coredns/etcd instances when under attack - (yes, it also works as a service location server) - It comes with a simple, plain English, rule engine that doesn't do much at this point - It can be used with LetsEncrypt. I use it to retrieve certificates for my home servers. - RFC: all the nice ones :) Anyway, feedback is welcome. May 16, 2022 at 03:34AM
Comments