Skip to main content

Show HN: Zazow – Generative Art Toy (fractals, spirograph, satori, etc.) https://ift.tt/lJsRv3O

Show HN: Zazow – Generative Art Toy (fractals, spirograph, satori, etc.) Im finally ready to share a fun side project that I've been working on. For 20 years, Ive been fascinated with Mandelbrot fractals. Back in the day, I made a MacOS9 app that rendered them, and I missed it. So, I decided to bring it up to the modern age and build a website to explore this and other similar fractals. In the process, I discovered some other types of generative art that looked fun, so I made those too. One is a spirograph, another is similar to an old AfterDark screensaver called Satori (anyone remember that?). Others draw paint splatters and random squiggly lines. The user is given a bunch of interactive settings to control how the artwork is generated. Im hoping to continue adding different styles of generative art to the website over time. Its a fun, relaxing project to work on and I hope other people enjoy using it to create pleasing images. https://www.zazow.com July 22, 2022 at 11:14PM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog