Show HN: Zazow – Generative Art Toy (fractals, spirograph, satori, etc.) Im finally ready to share a fun side project that I've been working on. For 20 years, Ive been fascinated with Mandelbrot fractals. Back in the day, I made a MacOS9 app that rendered them, and I missed it. So, I decided to bring it up to the modern age and build a website to explore this and other similar fractals. In the process, I discovered some other types of generative art that looked fun, so I made those too. One is a spirograph, another is similar to an old AfterDark screensaver called Satori (anyone remember that?). Others draw paint splatters and random squiggly lines. The user is given a bunch of interactive settings to control how the artwork is generated. Im hoping to continue adding different styles of generative art to the website over time. Its a fun, relaxing project to work on and I hope other people enjoy using it to create pleasing images. https://www.zazow.com July 22, 2022 at 11:14PM
Show HN: KittenDNS – easy to setup, rule engine, LetsEncrypt compatible My goal was to create a DNS server as simple as the LDAP server I've been contributing to (glauth) and here it is: https://ift.tt/i6S4IHQ A few things to know about it: - It is easy to configure using a Toml file - I am using it to bail my coredns/etcd instances when under attack - (yes, it also works as a service location server) - It comes with a simple, plain English, rule engine that doesn't do much at this point - It can be used with LetsEncrypt. I use it to retrieve certificates for my home servers. - RFC: all the nice ones :) Anyway, feedback is welcome. May 16, 2022 at 03:34AM
Comments