Show HN: Typewaiter, the typewriter that doesn't wait Howdy HN, just recently made this silly typewriter variant and think some of you might enjoy it so thought I'd share. Here the cursor takes no heed of what you're typing and just advances at a steady pace, with the effect that typing something reasonable-looking requires you to type at a very steady rhythm. There's also the bonus that the space character is no longer needed—you can (and kind of have to) just wait—so the keyboard minimalists among us can shave even more space off their devices. Only desktop for now. It's an interesting contrast to the last one I made—which requires you to do all the heavy lifting in moving the cursor position yourself— https://ift.tt/otarVhn https://ift.tt/gU7WvyV July 11, 2022 at 04:27AM
Show HN: KittenDNS – easy to setup, rule engine, LetsEncrypt compatible My goal was to create a DNS server as simple as the LDAP server I've been contributing to (glauth) and here it is: https://ift.tt/i6S4IHQ A few things to know about it: - It is easy to configure using a Toml file - I am using it to bail my coredns/etcd instances when under attack - (yes, it also works as a service location server) - It comes with a simple, plain English, rule engine that doesn't do much at this point - It can be used with LetsEncrypt. I use it to retrieve certificates for my home servers. - RFC: all the nice ones :) Anyway, feedback is welcome. May 16, 2022 at 03:34AM
Comments