Skip to main content

Show HN: Trane, an automated system for learning complex skills https://ift.tt/tspPOjY

Show HN: Trane, an automated system for learning complex skills Hi HN, I released Trane over the weekend: https://ift.tt/xP7HGqJ . Trane is an automated system for learning complex skills. Think of it like defining a skills tree (technically a graph) of all the smaller skills you need to master a complex skill and having an automated system to automatically traverse the graph as you master them. The seed for Trane was planted after my frustration trying to learn music, and jazz in particular. There are simply too many things you need to master first (e.g. knowing the names of a note, knowing where the notes are in your instrument, timing, etc) and it becomes difficult to track what it is that you should focus on, and there is a process of constant atrophy, even if you practice consistently. Trane is an early state, but is already usable. I have released a command line interface at https://ift.tt/YM3l9Vv and some music courses at https://ift.tt/hidago3 . I would like to get some ideas in regard to what other skills could be a good fit for Trane. I am thinking chess, programming, or languages could be a fit. I am wondering if Trane could be applied to something like learning pure mathematics. I would love to hear any suggestions. Perhaps there's some of you who have found a similar issue while practicing your own hobbies. https://ift.tt/xP7HGqJ July 5, 2022 at 12:04AM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Show HN: KittenDNS – easy to setup, rule engine, LetsEncrypt compatible https://ift.tt/JEbrc0i

Show HN: KittenDNS – easy to setup, rule engine, LetsEncrypt compatible My goal was to create a DNS server as simple as the LDAP server I've been contributing to (glauth) and here it is: https://ift.tt/i6S4IHQ A few things to know about it: - It is easy to configure using a Toml file - I am using it to bail my coredns/etcd instances when under attack - (yes, it also works as a service location server) - It comes with a simple, plain English, rule engine that doesn't do much at this point - It can be used with LetsEncrypt. I use it to retrieve certificates for my home servers. - RFC: all the nice ones :) Anyway, feedback is welcome. May 16, 2022 at 03:34AM