Show HN: PostgreSQL proxy for integration testing things you don't control Hi hackers! I recently tried to get a stack of microservices running in a docker-compose sandbox for integration testing using their original (e.g. prod) configuration. This means I didn't know what credentials they'd be using or what database name. So I hacked together a postgresql proxy using an existing project ( https://ift.tt/rYNgxt1 ) and simply allow any credentials to connect and make sure the desired database exists before returning control to the caller. Sharing this in the hopes it is useful for someone else. Lucas https://ift.tt/TUCu0Ov July 8, 2022 at 12:42AM
Show HN: KittenDNS – easy to setup, rule engine, LetsEncrypt compatible My goal was to create a DNS server as simple as the LDAP server I've been contributing to (glauth) and here it is: https://ift.tt/i6S4IHQ A few things to know about it: - It is easy to configure using a Toml file - I am using it to bail my coredns/etcd instances when under attack - (yes, it also works as a service location server) - It comes with a simple, plain English, rule engine that doesn't do much at this point - It can be used with LetsEncrypt. I use it to retrieve certificates for my home servers. - RFC: all the nice ones :) Anyway, feedback is welcome. May 16, 2022 at 03:34AM
Comments