Show HN: A just another Cron alternative but with much more capabilities I have created a Cron alternative that runs DAGs (Directed acyclic graph) defined in a simple YAML format. Why not Airflow? Airflow and other similar tools are powerful and valuable, but in most cases, they require writing code to manage workflows. Our ETL pipeline is already hundreds of thousands of lines of complex code in Perl and shell scripts. Adding another layer of Python on top of this would make it difficult to maintain. Instead, we needed a more lightweight solution. So we developed Dagu, which requires no coding, and is easy-to-use and self-contained, making it ideal for smaller projects with fewer people. https://ift.tt/f1jmyTa July 18, 2022 at 08:46AM
Show HN: KittenDNS – easy to setup, rule engine, LetsEncrypt compatible My goal was to create a DNS server as simple as the LDAP server I've been contributing to (glauth) and here it is: https://ift.tt/i6S4IHQ A few things to know about it: - It is easy to configure using a Toml file - I am using it to bail my coredns/etcd instances when under attack - (yes, it also works as a service location server) - It comes with a simple, plain English, rule engine that doesn't do much at this point - It can be used with LetsEncrypt. I use it to retrieve certificates for my home servers. - RFC: all the nice ones :) Anyway, feedback is welcome. May 16, 2022 at 03:34AM
Comments