Show HN: A better way of version controlling IAC I believe I've reached a point in my career, and used Terraform enough, that I can confidently say that the semver system for managing IAC code bases simply doesn't cut it anymore. I'd love more widespread feedback on how I currently propose we version control our IAC. If the feedback is constructive and forthcoming, I'll move this written piece to a more formal location. This is currently being tested, with extremely positive results, at Cisco (yeah, the networking company.) https://ift.tt/qlEz1po July 21, 2022 at 08:11AM
Show HN: KittenDNS – easy to setup, rule engine, LetsEncrypt compatible My goal was to create a DNS server as simple as the LDAP server I've been contributing to (glauth) and here it is: https://ift.tt/i6S4IHQ A few things to know about it: - It is easy to configure using a Toml file - I am using it to bail my coredns/etcd instances when under attack - (yes, it also works as a service location server) - It comes with a simple, plain English, rule engine that doesn't do much at this point - It can be used with LetsEncrypt. I use it to retrieve certificates for my home servers. - RFC: all the nice ones :) Anyway, feedback is welcome. May 16, 2022 at 03:34AM
Comments