Show HN: Wordle in Python using literate programming Hey HN! I wanted to demo TDD with Python, as well as showcase some BDD practices I've been blogging about recently[1]. So I used literate programming to implement Wordle, and rendered the narrative into this "Show HN" webpage. I'm certainly no Knuth, but I'm pretty proud of the result. Proud enough to chance myself to a HN post, and risk HN's mockery and ire: my first "Show HN". I hope this crowd will enjoy this annotated walkthrough of Wordle implementation in Python. Codebase available on Github[2]. Relevant for folks here (though not covered in the main narrative) is how the Gherkin files are listed as Requirements[3] via Sphinxdocs extensions[4] [1]: https://jiby.tech/ [2]: https://ift.tt/QEyMlBj [3]: https://ift.tt/joRrdMQ... [4]: https://ift.tt/sICRYa6... https://ift.tt/8zRq2ib May 8, 2022 at 11:53PM
Show HN: KittenDNS – easy to setup, rule engine, LetsEncrypt compatible My goal was to create a DNS server as simple as the LDAP server I've been contributing to (glauth) and here it is: https://ift.tt/i6S4IHQ A few things to know about it: - It is easy to configure using a Toml file - I am using it to bail my coredns/etcd instances when under attack - (yes, it also works as a service location server) - It comes with a simple, plain English, rule engine that doesn't do much at this point - It can be used with LetsEncrypt. I use it to retrieve certificates for my home servers. - RFC: all the nice ones :) Anyway, feedback is welcome. May 16, 2022 at 03:34AM
Comments