Show HN: Catchy melodies made with a diffusion-based neural net assistant I've created a diffusion-based neural net generative assistant that makes creating new melodies much easier, even for non-musicians like me. These are meant to be just the catchy "hook" parts of songs, so more work is required to make them into full songs, but this is already handled well by existing products (e.g. there are plugins that can suggest a few possible chord progressions based on the melody and there is even good singing software that I used without any tweaks to make the “voice” playlist: Synthesizer V Studio). This side project turned out to be quite challenging because of how little data there is to train on - several orders of magnitude less than DALL-E or GPT-3 had available for its training, so it required a deep dive into research of new generalization and augmentation techniques and some feature engineering. Various other instruments: Voice: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLoCzMRqh5SkE1yC8_WtJ-... Synth: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLoCzMRqh5SkFj7RNZvjr7... Bell: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLoCzMRqh5SkEYHYvHX9m9... Guitar: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLoCzMRqh5SkGKvfkP2Oex... Sax: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLoCzMRqh5SkHfsZgzzdSh... Grand Piano: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLoCzMRqh5SkFMch5x60uh... SoundCloud electric piano: https://ift.tt/9oWQX3i... SoundCloud vocal: https://ift.tt/9oWQX3i... https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLoCzMRqh5SkFwkumE578YO4qa1NTkmMi4 May 12, 2022 at 12:30AM
Show HN: KittenDNS – easy to setup, rule engine, LetsEncrypt compatible My goal was to create a DNS server as simple as the LDAP server I've been contributing to (glauth) and here it is: https://ift.tt/i6S4IHQ A few things to know about it: - It is easy to configure using a Toml file - I am using it to bail my coredns/etcd instances when under attack - (yes, it also works as a service location server) - It comes with a simple, plain English, rule engine that doesn't do much at this point - It can be used with LetsEncrypt. I use it to retrieve certificates for my home servers. - RFC: all the nice ones :) Anyway, feedback is welcome. May 16, 2022 at 03:34AM
Comments