Skip to main content

Show HN: Bugfruit – a simple embedded key-value store https://ift.tt/4BDEzRr

Show HN: Bugfruit – a simple embedded key-value store Hey HN! I work on a database for my day-job and I realized I had never written one from scratch, so I wrote bugfruit! Once I was mostly satisfied with it, I looked up some benchmarks to compare my simple database to other brand name key-value stores. I was surprised to see that mine held up fairly well on the subset of benchmarks I replicated. So I used the Pavlo Database Naming System [0] to name it and open-sourced the code. I'd love to hear any feedback you might have on it! [0] https://ift.tt/SP39GCw... https://ift.tt/KWIMJbT May 30, 2022 at 03:14AM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Show HN: KittenDNS – easy to setup, rule engine, LetsEncrypt compatible https://ift.tt/JEbrc0i

Show HN: KittenDNS – easy to setup, rule engine, LetsEncrypt compatible My goal was to create a DNS server as simple as the LDAP server I've been contributing to (glauth) and here it is: https://ift.tt/i6S4IHQ A few things to know about it: - It is easy to configure using a Toml file - I am using it to bail my coredns/etcd instances when under attack - (yes, it also works as a service location server) - It comes with a simple, plain English, rule engine that doesn't do much at this point - It can be used with LetsEncrypt. I use it to retrieve certificates for my home servers. - RFC: all the nice ones :) Anyway, feedback is welcome. May 16, 2022 at 03:34AM