Skip to main content

Show HN: Prevent your computer sleeping with just a webpage https://ift.tt/DSPEyoU

Show HN: Prevent your computer sleeping with just a webpage There's often times I want to prevent a computer/laptop/VM from sleeping and while, yes, there's various Caffeine/Amphetamine apps they're often overkill. Instead, this small (12Kb) page does the job and only needs a web browser. It's just a very simple usage of a web api normally used for things like video players: https://ift.tt/ez4uNG3... https://nosleep.page/ April 22, 2022 at 10:12PM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Show HN: KittenDNS – easy to setup, rule engine, LetsEncrypt compatible https://ift.tt/JEbrc0i

Show HN: KittenDNS – easy to setup, rule engine, LetsEncrypt compatible My goal was to create a DNS server as simple as the LDAP server I've been contributing to (glauth) and here it is: https://ift.tt/i6S4IHQ A few things to know about it: - It is easy to configure using a Toml file - I am using it to bail my coredns/etcd instances when under attack - (yes, it also works as a service location server) - It comes with a simple, plain English, rule engine that doesn't do much at this point - It can be used with LetsEncrypt. I use it to retrieve certificates for my home servers. - RFC: all the nice ones :) Anyway, feedback is welcome. May 16, 2022 at 03:34AM