Skip to main content

Show HN: I wrote a good React book / website https://ift.tt/8dkVpIs

Show HN: I wrote a good React book / website Pre-covid, I was traveling full time to teach ReactJS to corporate clients. My students (mostly developers at banks and insurance companies) would ask me 'What's a good React book?' and I would struggle to recommend something, knowing that all the books sucked or were really out of date. When all my face-to-face training work dried up and I really didn't want to do online training, I magically got a contract to write a book. I started by reading all of the best-selling books on React, and, yeah, they were all really out of date, incomplete, or just wrong. As I started writing what I hoped would be a really good React book, I also wanted the website to be something useful and a notch above a typical book website. So, I tried to have working examples of the code listings on the site and to organize them in a way that would make them useful for when I started teaching again, or for anyone who doesn't want to buy a book and just wants to see how things are done. The book just came out today! The website isn't perfect or done, but here it is: https://ift.tt/QeYSvkf . How'd I do? March 10, 2022 at 03:10AM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog