Skip to main content

Show HN: Fast subdomain enumerator written in Rust https://ift.tt/IzqXVhm

Show HN: Fast subdomain enumerator written in Rust Hello! I'm learning Rust and also information security, so what better way to learn than to put a tool together practicing both skills? I've tried to use a couple of different tools for subdomain enumeration (part of the Discovery-party when it comes to penetration testing), but none of them were very fast, even if the DNS resolver I pointed them towards is, so I wrote my own tool that leverages concurrency to check a lot of subdomains, fast! It's written in Rust, main parts being using Tokio and async_channels, and I think it works good enough for a first release. I wanted to get recursive subdomain enumeration to work too, but couldn't figure out how to send into the same channels I'm reading from and knowing when to close the actual channels. Will work on that next! If you want to check out the project, it's located here: https://ift.tt/4cq0ZAf I'd love your feedback on the code, idea or anything in general! Usually people here have very good feedback, so I'm excited to hear what you think. Thank you! https://ift.tt/4cq0ZAf March 15, 2022 at 11:51PM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Show HN: KittenDNS – easy to setup, rule engine, LetsEncrypt compatible https://ift.tt/JEbrc0i

Show HN: KittenDNS – easy to setup, rule engine, LetsEncrypt compatible My goal was to create a DNS server as simple as the LDAP server I've been contributing to (glauth) and here it is: https://ift.tt/i6S4IHQ A few things to know about it: - It is easy to configure using a Toml file - I am using it to bail my coredns/etcd instances when under attack - (yes, it also works as a service location server) - It comes with a simple, plain English, rule engine that doesn't do much at this point - It can be used with LetsEncrypt. I use it to retrieve certificates for my home servers. - RFC: all the nice ones :) Anyway, feedback is welcome. May 16, 2022 at 03:34AM