Skip to main content

Show HN: CL and FB reselling app with auto renew and auto price reduction https://ift.tt/RLUQ4gx

Show HN: CL and FB reselling app with auto renew and auto price reduction I recently moved apartments and had a lot of stuff I wanted to get rid of. I found the reselling process to be cumbersome – I needed to post the same info twice, to both Facebook and Craigslist. I had to renew the items so they don't expire. I also had to reduce the item prices if they didn't sell. So I decided to do what any right minded overzealous, "pragmatic" software engineer does – instead of spending 10 minutes every few days reducing the prices and renewing the items, why not spend 3 weeks to build out a fully decked out Electron app that does all of the above automatically for you? Why not indeed... In the end, it's been a fun ride and I learned a lot. And actually! now it's coming in handy as I'm finally starting to sell the backlog of items that I've accumulated. Once I built it, I figured I'd offer it on gumroad, make a buck, why not... btw, the link is for a discounted version ($1 instead of $10) so that you lovely HN lot can try it out. Curious if you all have thoughts / feedback! Hopefully it will help you out on your next move too! https://ift.tt/RQyOa6Y.. March 6, 2022 at 12:47AM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Show HN: KittenDNS – easy to setup, rule engine, LetsEncrypt compatible https://ift.tt/JEbrc0i

Show HN: KittenDNS – easy to setup, rule engine, LetsEncrypt compatible My goal was to create a DNS server as simple as the LDAP server I've been contributing to (glauth) and here it is: https://ift.tt/i6S4IHQ A few things to know about it: - It is easy to configure using a Toml file - I am using it to bail my coredns/etcd instances when under attack - (yes, it also works as a service location server) - It comes with a simple, plain English, rule engine that doesn't do much at this point - It can be used with LetsEncrypt. I use it to retrieve certificates for my home servers. - RFC: all the nice ones :) Anyway, feedback is welcome. May 16, 2022 at 03:34AM