Skip to main content

Show HN: Redirect your customers from your marketing page to your app https://ift.tt/1nkL8U7

Show HN: Redirect your customers from your marketing page to your app Hi HN! I've gotten a bit frustrated by going to `datadog.com` instead of `app.datadog.com`. I know that I could use a chrome extension to do this redirect for me (I do). But since this is a painful UX, I think that SaaS companies should do something to improve it for all of their users. So I made `marketing-redirect`, a quick bit of HTML to put on a marketing page that lets customers get automatically redirected to the application they're already paying for: https://ift.tt/MOTFt0I You can see an example of it in action here: https://ift.tt/QHYp9L7 Aside from just making the tools I use better, I'm brainstorming ways to monetize this. My best idea is to create a cloud service the help marketing teams remove or tag the page views from paying customers who visit their marketing page so their analytics software can exclude them as possible leads. I'd love to hear your feedback. Thanks, Elliot February 10, 2022 at 07:54AM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Show HN: KittenDNS – easy to setup, rule engine, LetsEncrypt compatible https://ift.tt/JEbrc0i

Show HN: KittenDNS – easy to setup, rule engine, LetsEncrypt compatible My goal was to create a DNS server as simple as the LDAP server I've been contributing to (glauth) and here it is: https://ift.tt/i6S4IHQ A few things to know about it: - It is easy to configure using a Toml file - I am using it to bail my coredns/etcd instances when under attack - (yes, it also works as a service location server) - It comes with a simple, plain English, rule engine that doesn't do much at this point - It can be used with LetsEncrypt. I use it to retrieve certificates for my home servers. - RFC: all the nice ones :) Anyway, feedback is welcome. May 16, 2022 at 03:34AM