Show HN: Weekly summary of HN to help fight procrastination Lately, I've realized I'm spending a lot of time on HN. I've also realized that my brain uses it as a some sort of "escape" route: whenever I'm dealing with something complicated, my brain defaults to Cmd+T + "news..". So I've decided that I need to stop continuously browsing HN. BUT, I still don't want to miss the relevant news, events and discussions. That's why I've built this very simple, statically generated summary of HN posts (by year, month and week): https://ift.tt/3zq9P0v I think it's also a good way to filter the noise and only focus on those relevant posts that had a considerable impact on their given week. I've also grouped the submissions on different (and arbitrary) groups that I consider relevant (for example: News, Dev Blogs, Scientific News, etc). Feel free to suggest changes/additions (it's all in a json file within the repo). I guess the only thing left is block news.ycombinator.com on my /etc/hosts :) [Source] https://ift.tt/3sPx9DD January 3, 2022 at 02:48AM
Show HN: KittenDNS – easy to setup, rule engine, LetsEncrypt compatible My goal was to create a DNS server as simple as the LDAP server I've been contributing to (glauth) and here it is: https://ift.tt/i6S4IHQ A few things to know about it: - It is easy to configure using a Toml file - I am using it to bail my coredns/etcd instances when under attack - (yes, it also works as a service location server) - It comes with a simple, plain English, rule engine that doesn't do much at this point - It can be used with LetsEncrypt. I use it to retrieve certificates for my home servers. - RFC: all the nice ones :) Anyway, feedback is welcome. May 16, 2022 at 03:34AM
Comments