Show HN: CraftBox, Run a Minecraft Server on Your Phone I want to share my newest Android app with everyone on HN. CraftBox allows you to easily run a Minecraft server on your Android device. It is published in the Play Store, https://ift.tt/3oa6jmG... , and posted on GitHub: https://ift.tt/3IQuqi9 I know I am late to the Minecraft scene. I am a bit old to have been part of the original craze, but I now have a son who loves the game. Now that I have played it with him, I can see the appeal. I am an open source developer and the creator of UserLAnd, https://ift.tt/2pZzVo6 , so when I get excited about something, I am always thinking about how I can get involved and contribute to the community. I read an article on how to run a Minecraft Server on your phone, https://ift.tt/2LSxHlp , but I figured I could do better by not making people go through as many steps. So, that is a goal... make this simple. This is the first public release and there are many things that can be improved. You can see some of the issues I am going to be fixing soon in the GitHub issues. Anyway, please check it out and tell me what you think. Thanks! Corbin https://ift.tt/3IGHUN6 January 29, 2022 at 01:13AM
Show HN: KittenDNS – easy to setup, rule engine, LetsEncrypt compatible My goal was to create a DNS server as simple as the LDAP server I've been contributing to (glauth) and here it is: https://ift.tt/i6S4IHQ A few things to know about it: - It is easy to configure using a Toml file - I am using it to bail my coredns/etcd instances when under attack - (yes, it also works as a service location server) - It comes with a simple, plain English, rule engine that doesn't do much at this point - It can be used with LetsEncrypt. I use it to retrieve certificates for my home servers. - RFC: all the nice ones :) Anyway, feedback is welcome. May 16, 2022 at 03:34AM
Comments