Show HN: I wrote a book about using Lambda with Go Hi HN! During the last few years, I worked on a few applications built with Go, running on AWS Lambda. As I got to know the platform better, I started to find Go & Lambda to be a really productive combination. The applications were fast, and they ended up being much cheaper to run than what my team & I had built before. It’s probably not the best platform for _every_ application, but I was surprised at how much of our workload worked well on it. As we brought new engineers on to our team and helped them get up to speed with the stack, I found that we were covering a lot of the same topics over and over — especially things like performance, testing and monitoring. Since this knowledge turned out to be very useful for our team, I decided to gather it into a book that will hopefully also be useful to others. This is my first time putting something like this together, so I'm grateful for any feedback! The book is at: https://ift.tt/3xRNicl (with HN discount ;)) There's also a link on that page to a free sample that you can download without registering. Thanks! Cheers, Kevin December 4, 2021 at 09:08PM
Show HN: KittenDNS – easy to setup, rule engine, LetsEncrypt compatible My goal was to create a DNS server as simple as the LDAP server I've been contributing to (glauth) and here it is: https://ift.tt/i6S4IHQ A few things to know about it: - It is easy to configure using a Toml file - I am using it to bail my coredns/etcd instances when under attack - (yes, it also works as a service location server) - It comes with a simple, plain English, rule engine that doesn't do much at this point - It can be used with LetsEncrypt. I use it to retrieve certificates for my home servers. - RFC: all the nice ones :) Anyway, feedback is welcome. May 16, 2022 at 03:34AM
Comments